Sunday, July 11, 2010

My birthday in Morocco!

Hello from Rabat (the capitol of Morocco)!

As some of you may know, I am in the capitol city because I had a few health issues and was summoned to the Peace Corps offices to get a full check up. I wanted to send a quick post to reassure that I am fine, I am enjoying ALL of the luxuries of the cities (including stores-with posted prices and cash registers, sushi, hot showers, and television--with the world cup). Although my birthday did not entail the relaxing weekend in the mountains, that I originally planned, I have readjusted my plans and have learned to enjoy the city (while my time here last). My travels here took me a full day and will likely take me TWO to get home. I hope to eleaborate more about the frustrations, journeys, language, and all sorts of other details about this beautiful city...at a later point.

In the meantime, I hope that you all enjoy international free slurpee day! Visit your local 7 Eleven for a free 7.11 ounce slurpee...please drink a cherry one on my behalf (needless to say...they do not have 7 Elevens in Morocco...although they have McDonalds, KFC, and other non-slurpee serving food chains)

2 comments:

  1. Incidentally, Germany also does not have 7-11s. But neither does Pennsylvania..hmm..what does that say about those two places??

    I'm glad to hear your health issues have been worked out (at least that's what it sounds like). I fly home tomorrow, then we will Skype it up my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayanna - leave it to you to know about Free Slurpee Day, even from so far away! I am having one to night, in remembrance of you!

    ReplyDelete