Thursday, July 15, 2010

More Details to Come later...

Hello everyone and thank you for all of the wonderful birthday wishes!

As I mentioned before, I travelled to Rabat last Wednesday (for what I thought was an allergic reaction). I ended up spending a whole week in the capitol city, as the wonderful Peace Corps doctors monitored my liver and other symptoms. To make a very long story short...I am fine! I suffered from an unexplained virus which hit me harder than I usually like to be hit...but allowed me to spend my 24th birthday in one of the most amazing cities I've ever been to.

Three is so much to tell about the city, the beach, the history, the shopping, the new languages...it was sensory overload (oh and did I mention the food!). I hope to go into much more details in a later blog post, but I wanted to reassure everyone that I am healthy and rejuvinated. I look forward to getting back to my site (today!) after two full days of travel from rabat (which included a train, a bus, a grand taxi ride, a petit taxi ride, and a tranzit ride...basically every form of transportaion...except donkey...but the day is still young).

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I'm a student in a Finnish university and I'm working on a study that deals with the use of solar energy in cooking. I'd need some basic info about daily Moroccan life. I'd be truly thankful if you helped me.

    If you are interested, please email me and I'll tell you more about my study and what I need. :)

    My email is: k92590 *at* student *dot* hse *dot* fi

    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete